The practice of veterinary medicine has been conducted continuously at our location since the mid-1930's when Dr. Henry Recht first opened the clinic doors to the public. In 1948 Doctors Helen and Henry Doremus purchased the practice. The staff was expanded in 1955 with the arrival of Dr. Jean T. Wilson, Sr., and again in 1958 when Dr. Stanley Witzel joined the practice. Drs. Wilson and Witzel purchased the practice in 1960. When Dr. Witzel retired in 1995, Dr. Jean T. Wilson, Jr. became one of the practice owners.
We are proud of both our professional and non-professional "alumni". Various Associate Veterinarians have graced our practice and gone on to operate hospitals in New Jersey, New York, Vermont, Colorado and Oregon. At least nine former employees have become veterinarians. Still others have gone on to higher education and work in closely related fields.
The entire energy of our staff is directed toward the main purpose of our existence -- preventative medicine and the medical and surgical treatment of ill or injured pets.